Kids and Mommy

Kids and Mommy

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Adventures of Fizz the Fish!!!

Here is C's room.  You can see Fizz by the bed :)
I am so excited about this!!  My sister-in-law came up with this great idea to make a book together to benefit Constantine and SMA research.  I wrote the story about our Chinese Fighting Fish, Fizz.  At night while we are doing Constantine's routine before bedtime we make up stories about Fizz escaping and doing crazy things then coming back to his house.  Fizz lives in a tank on a shelf right next to where Constantine sleeps so he gets to watch him as he goes to bed.  We have made up many stories about Fizz including one Dom made up where Fizz goes down the toilet and explores the water treatment facility.  I chose to write a big adventure where he goes to see all the things that Constantine loves.  I thought it would be fun to read to him because he always gets excited when he sees things like tractors and trains in books.  It worked because he does LOVE it!

Kim did such an amazing job illustrating and getting it together on blurb.com.  I am so thankful to her for thinking of this.  I am not very creative in general so it feels pretty cool to have my name on something so wonderful.  I hope everyone else likes it too and hopefully it will raise some money for Constantine and SMA research.  There is a link to the book to the right where you can preview the whole book. Let me know what you think and tell your friends and family about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment